The International Sports Convention (ISC) is pleased to confirm Alex Green, Managing Director of Sport for Prime Video in Europe for Amazon as a speaker for The International Sports Convention 2020 taking place at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The session will take place on the main stage on day 1. Over 100 speakers in total have confirmed as of today.
Nigel Fletcher, CEO of the International Sports Convention: “The International Sports Convention will take place in just under 5 months’ time and we have a real focus in bringing worldwide leaders and experts across the Sports Business Industry. I am pleased to welcome Alex Green and Amazon Prime Video to ISC London 2020 to address the industry and to assess and showcase what Amazon Prime Video has achieved recently and to discuss where the global streaming service may be going in the future“.
About Alex Green
Alex Green is Managing Director of Sport for Prime Video in Europe. Alex created the strategy and spearheaded the rights negotiations to secure live sport on Prime Video for the first time in Europe including ATP Tour, WTA Tour and US Open tennis in the UK, English Premier League in the UK, Roland-Garros tennis in France and UEFA Champions League in Germany. Alex is also responsible for the execution of this sports coverage, including Prime Video’s first season of Premier League coverage in the UK in December 2019, the first time that domestic audiences had seen fully comprehensive live Premier League fixture rounds.
Alex also launched Prime Video Channels for Amazon in the UK and Germany, the add-on channels subscription service offering Prime members over 100 additional channels like Starzplay, Discovery, Eurosport Player and ITV Hub+.
Prior to Amazon, Alex led British Telecom’s TV business including launching BT Sport on multiple platforms, launching BT’s YouView box, bringing Netflix onto BT TV, creating BT’s TV Everywhere OTT service and BT Sport’s launch of UltraHD coverage. Alex was also BT’s director on the board of YouView.
Before BT, Alex led Virgin Media’s TV product business, including the launch of TiVo and Virgin Media’s TV Everywhere OTT service, as well as being responsible for virginmedia.com. Earlier in his career, Alex spent 8 years at News International, the UK arm of News Corporation, where he led strategy and business development and took the newspaper brands into digital media.
Alex has an MBA from INSEAD business school and a BA in PPE from the University of Oxford.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Homecoming; the Academy Award-winningManchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick and Cold War, and Mindy Kaling’s Late Night; plus exclusive TV shows like American Gods, Vikings and Outlander; as well as live sport including ATP Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football, and self-published content. All part of Prime Video, which is now available in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. To view the full list of channels available, visit co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of TV shows available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant Access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the Talk Talk TV set-top box, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit co.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Watch anywhere with mobile and tablet downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free delivery options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited access to a rotating selection of thousands of books and magazines with Prime Reading, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.co.uk/prime.
About The International Sports Convention
The International Sports Convention is the meeting place for the Business of Sport with around 1500 participants, including over 100 speakers with 7 sports business conferences over the 2 days, plus private roundtables and a range of hospitality and networking platforms. The main days are June 17-18, 2020. This includes comprehensive content and speakers from the Broadcast, Digital, OTT, Brands, Sponsorship, Integrity, Major events, and Technology. There will be 5 main stages each day.
The International Sports Convention has been hosted in Geneva and Amsterdam for the last 10 years and will move to London for the first time with an exciting sports business concept for the entire global industry. The venue is the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The International Sports Convention 2020 will be the largest industry global gathering in the first half of 2020.
To receive the latest list of speakers contact: email@example.com
To register and book your place contact: firstname.lastname@example.org